Monday, October 8, 2012

spider thumbprints


We made a lot of Halloween thumbprint crafts last year, but this one is a little different than those ones. Obviously, we started with a piece of cardstock, and Claire stamped her thumb a few times. Once the paint was dry, she drew eight (ish) legs on the spiders and added small googly eyes. Then I cut some of my bakers twine to act as the sipder's webby stuff. I stapled the twine at the top of the page, and secured it at the top of the spider with a small spot of glue. I cut out a purple piece of cardstock, and then a slightly smaller piece of orange paper for the flag. Claire wrote the word 'eek' on the paper, and I used double sided tape to attach it to the finished product. These would make really cute Halloween cards.



3 comments:

  1. I don't normally call spiders adorable...but I'll make an exception:) So cute!! Just posted on Craft Gossip... found it through Skip to My Lou..


    http://lessonplans.craftgossip.com/?p=7033

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute.. My Grandson, Ben age 5 and I made one for his room. He just loved it.. The only thing when he went to bed that night he asked his mom if she could take the spiders out of his room.. Cute.
    Thanks for the idea~!
    ta ta for now from Iowa:)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to say hi!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...