Tuesday, April 26, 2011

handprint flamingos & ostriches


Carrying on with our bird themed crafts this week, we made some handprint flamingos and ostriches.


 Unlike the peacock, these ones were very easy to do. And really the only difference between the two birds are the colours of the handprints.
 

 Just have your child stamp their hand on the paper, and then depending on the child's age, they may be able to help put the finishing touches on the birds. Now, I cut the legs out of paper, but you could just as easily draw some legs on the bird. Then just cut a small beak and add a googly eye and you're done! So simple.


I added a small piece of ric rac to the neck of the ostrich for the feathers. And there you have it- another quick and easy keepsake craft.

Linking up with: ABC and 123 Learning & Tatertots and Jello

6 comments:

  1. Love them...as always!;0)

    www.thisfarmfamilyslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these Lila! You know how I love handprint crafts and these are absolute perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a new follower of your blog. I am loving all of your handprint bird ideas, and your photography is great as well. I am so excited to have found your blog.
    Shauna
    myshaenoel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw your peacock on UCreate, and love these ideas, too!! How easy and simple, but such a fantastic idea. It's all cold & rainy here right now, and this will be a great craft for my toddler tomorrow. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute!!! Being a retired first grade teacher, I thought I had seen all the handprint art in the world....wrong! I have never seen your creations which are priceless. I will be sending this idea to a young teacher I used to work with....thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a fun idea! I love the legs. =) Thanks so much, I'll be linking.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to say hi!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...