Wednesday, February 9, 2011

coloured ice blocks


 Well, the snow just keeps on coming here. I am so ready for summer to some, but apparently that doesn't seem to matter much to Mother Nature. I saw this idea on Craftberry Bush and I thought that it looked like so much fun. She made her own molds out of tin foil, but I had quite a few muffin/cake tins that I knew would be perfect for this. Even standard muffin tins would be nice. 
 I just filled the tins with water and added a few drops of food colouring to each cup. Since it is so cold here, I just put the tins outside to freeze, since they would have taken up a lot of room in the freezer.
 This was a fun winter activity for Claire and I. I got to take loads of pretty pictures, and Claire got to play with blocks of pretty ice. I would like to suggest that if you are going to do this with a toddler, and you would like to take photos of the blocks of ice, (much like myself) do it during naptime! All I wanted to do was arrange the ice and  take pictures, and all Claire wanted to do was play with it.


Linking up with Red Ted's Art Blog & ABC and 123 Learning & Tatertots and Jello & Somewhat Simple

16 comments:

  1. So fun! I love the last photo of her playing with them! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Pretty Love the Photos my daughters would have loved this when we lived in Reston, VA - Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this idea and totally wanted to do it too. They turned out fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look so neat! No snow in Florida :(

    Thanks for visiting & commenting on my Rainbow invitations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo! Lovely! Great blog - I'm a new follower!
    Jo-Anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE it!! I'm a new follower (which is rare for me) and I featured you on my blog today. Stop by and grab a featured button!
    http://flexibledreams.blogspot.com/2011/02/featuring-sweet-and-lovely-crafts.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a fantastic idea. and the photos are so pretty!

    ~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a great idea, I have a lot of soap molds and thought I could use them...I take care of my grandson on Monday nights.. I pick him up from daycare at 3 and take him to his mama's house. I'm going to make a bunch of these and Ben (age 4) and I are going to have lots of fun.. I think your blog is so cool~! Thanks for the idea.I can't remember who's blog I was visiting but I got your blog from there.
    Have a Tiggeriffic Day~! ta ta for now from Iowa:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got the idea to go to your blog from "Flexible Dreams"...

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pictures are beautiful, love the colors of the ice blocks, so pretty! And fun too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how fun and they look so pretty! Lovely!!!

    Do come and join us on Kids Get Crafty again! Latest link http://www.redtedart.com/2011/02/16/kids-get-crafty-robot-cards-the-robot-the-blue-bird/

    Would love to see you there!

    Maggy

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! We made something similar that is a mix between your birdseed wreath and colored ice blocks. :) http://our-everyday-art.blogspot.com/2010/12/frozen-outdoor-ice-ornaments.html

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to say hi!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...